One of the key objectives of the Montenegrin Sports Academy (MSA) is the promotion of junior scientists and the fostering of state-of-the-art research. For this purpose the MSA established the Young Researchers Award (YRA).
Young researchers have the opportunity to enter this prestigious competition for scientific excellence, where outstanding scientific work can be presented at the MSA annual conference. A jury consisting of the MSA Scientific Committee members grants the awards based upon an oral and poster presentation for the top presentations, respectively. The YRA might be a starting point for the scientific careers of its potential winners.
YRA applications that meet all the necessary requirements are welcome online, using the abstract submission process of the upcoming MSA annual conference.
YRA reviewing criteria
A jury consisting of the MSA Scientific Committee members grants the awards based upon an oral and poster presentation for the top presentations respectively following the below listed YRA reviewing criteria:
• The work is original, not published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the abstract submission deadline
• The research has relevance for sport sciences and all its subdisciplines
• The presentation (oral or poster) has been carefully prepared, is using appropriate and high quality visual means and is well organized/structured
• High quality of technical presentation of oral or poster (delivery speed, clearly audible, varied tone, confident delivery, pointer use, correct use of scientific terminology)
• The background and relevance is clearly described
• The work is innovative
• The methodology is sound and the data are solid
• There are quantitative data in the presentation, the study has enough power and appropriate statistical tests have been performed to underpin claims on significance
• There is a clear conclusion or take home message at the end
The work either has a high impact on the area of research or has a potential high impact in the future (e.g. development of new methodologies that will generate new knowledge)
YRA requirements and prize money
All requirements must be met within the requested deadlines to successfully apply for the YRA:
• Conference registration fee paid before the registration deadline for presenting authors
• Signed and stamped YRA application form submitted before the deadline for abstract submission
• You are 30 years of age or younger at the time of the MSA conference within which you apply for the YRA
• You are a postgraduate student or a PhD student at a university or you have graduated less than 2 years after your PhD
The sponsor of the YRA offers generous prizes to support upcoming researchers.
YRA application form
In order to apply for the Young Researchers Award 2017, please download your YRA application form and return the filled in, signed and stamped document to the MSA Office.
A word or pdf file of the YRA application form must be e-mailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), before the deadline for abstract submission.